Liberty and Oliver Version 5 Build 5 includes an integrated online help interface, improved current awareness, recommended resources, and more.
Softlink, world-leading developer of Knowledge, Content and Library Management (KCLM) Systems, is pleased to announce the latest update to Liberty and Oliver, which includes a new, Integrated Help Interface.
The Help Interface will provide users with Overview and How to Guides from anywhere within the system, eliminating the need to view a separate manual for assistance. Administrative users can also add or edit particular Help guides to further streamline the user experience.
Version 5 Build 5 also includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Improved Current Awareness allows users to add and manage borrowers in Interest Groups. Subscribed users will receive notifications of new resources matching their interests.
- Recommended resources based on a borrower's previously loaned items will appear on the OPAC search interface, which will promote certain titles in your collection.
- Customizable book carousels can now be added to the home page to draw attention to new, most popular, and recommended resources or those on a reading list.
- Google Books integration within the OPAC search interface will display where a preview of a resource is available, to assist in the user's borrowing decision.
- Embedded PDF attachments can now be made directly available in the OPAC Hover and Detail screens, enabling document contents to be read directly on the screen.
· "Softlink is committed to providing our customers with continual product enhancements to support digital collections as well as traditional works," said Mr Steven Mayocchi, Softlink's Development Manager.
"We have been working towards providing many exciting new features in the next update, with the current awareness feature highly anticipated by Special Libraries."
Currently supported Oliver and Liberty v5 users will receive the latest release within the next few months.